Controlling the Level of Glucose throughout the Body

The ADA, American Heart Association, and the Surgeon  Blood Sugar Formula Review General all provide exercise guidelines and my analysis of all three is that 150 minutes per week of moderate aerobic activity is best. However, the more the merrier! The national weight control registry showed that people best maintained their weight loss when exercising on average about one hour per day while maintaining a low fat, low calorie diet. Your dietitian can help you to set reasonable, reachable, short-term weight loss goals and guide behavior modification, such as eating breakfast everyday.
After proper education and therapeutic lifestyle changes comes medications. I certainly do not want to provide individual treatment recommendations. These you need to discuss with your provider but this is my general treatment algorithm. Metformin (Glucophage(R)) first-line in nearly all people with diabetes (not to be used with people with kidney failure or heart failure) I prefer the extended-release version for less gastrointestinal side effects.
 Second-line agent depend upon other factors. For example, with obesity I prefer Exenatide (Byetta(R)) while in patient with less of a weight issue I prefer Pioglitizone (Actos(R)) (not for use in uncontrolled heart failure), and if the patient needs less of a glucose reduction I may use Sitagliptin (Januvia(R)). Third-line I will add Exenatide to Metformin and Pioglitizone or add Pioglitizone to Exenatide and Metformin. I prefer this triple drug combination for a number of reasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brief Description of Hair Loss Causes

The Basics of Healthy Weight Loss Made Easy

Revealed - The Causes of Women's Hair Loss and How to Prevent Them